Download Lodge Rental Agreement:
JOHN HENNIGAR F.O.P. LODGE #63
PLEASE READ APPLICATION/AGREEMENT BEFORE SIGNING
Name:_____________________________ Date of Event:____________________
Address:___________________________ Telephone Number:________________
Type of Function:____________________ Will Alcohol Be Present: Yes__ No__
This agreement made this ___day of __________20___ by and between the Fraternal Order of Police, John Hennigar Lodge #63, Wayne County , Indiana (hereinafter referred to as “LESSOR”) and
_____________________________ Hereinafter referred to as “LESSEE”.
1. LEASE, LESSOR, for and in consideration of the covenants and agreements set forth herein below, agrees to lease to LESSEE the F.O.P. John Hennigar Lodge #63, in Wayne County, Indiana.
2. TERM OF LEASE. The term of this lease shall begin at 8:00 A.M. on the following date(s): ____________________ and shall terminate at 3:00 A.M. on the following day.
3. PRESENT ON THE LEASED PREMISES. Use of the Leased Premises hereunder is conditioned upon lessee being present as a host at the event, and the Lessee shall be responsible for all guests attending the event.
a) The Lessee, concurrently with the execution of this Lease, has paid to the Lessor the total agreed rental for the term of this Lease of $25.00 for Active and Retired members and $100.00 for Associate members.
b) A separate check/cash for DAMAGE/CLEANING DEPOSIT in the amount of $100.00 shall be included with the lease agreement and rental fee. This check will be held until after your event to insure no damage has been done to the lodge. The original check will be returned to within 30 days upon inspection of the lodge and no damage has been done.
** LEASE AGREEMENT, RENTAL FEE AND DAMAGE DEPOSIT MUST BE RETURNED TO LESSOR WITHIN 15 DAYS AFTER THIS AGREEMENT HAS BEEN MADE TO SECURE YOUR DATE. THERE SHALL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. (All checks need to be payable to: John Hennigar Lodge #63.)
5. DAMAGE/CLEANING DEPOSIT. Said sum shall be held by the Lessor subject to appropriation upon any claim arising from any damage to the Leased Premises by the Lessee or by its guests and attendees. Any portion of said sum not so appropriated should be returned to the Lessee within thirty (30) days after the termination of the Lease. In event that damages to the Leased Premises exceed said sum of $100.00, the Lessee promises and agrees to pay to the Lessor within five (5) days after the termination of this Lease the amount of damages in excess of the $100.00 damage deposit.
6. Contact the Richmond Police Department or Wayne County Sheriffs Department to arrange access to the lodge on the day of the rental and ask for any lodge officers.
7. USE OF TELEPHONE. Lessee is permitted to use telephone on the premises to make local calls. Lessee is not permitted to make any phone calls which would result in a charge or fee to the Lessor. Any long distance or other calls charged to Lessor by the telephone company may be assessed against any damage deposit set forth in Paragraph 5.
8. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND ORDINANCES. Lessee agrees to strictly comply with all pertinent laws, ordinances, statues, and regulations whatsoever, of any governmental body or subdivision thereof, incident to its occupancy of the Leased Premises and its uses thereof. Illegal activities are forbidden and shall serve as grounds for immediate termination of this Lease.
9. TERMINATION OF LEASE. Upon the termination of this lease as set forth in Paragraph 2 of this Agreement, the Lessee and his guests and invitees shall promptly vacate the Leased Premises. Lessee agrees to leave the Leased Premises in excellent condition. This includes, but not limited to; removal of all trash and garbage to the dumpster, picking up all debris, vacuuming carpeted areas, cleaning out refrigerator, wiping off all tables and counter tops, wiping up any spillage on vinyl tiles, and moping the vinyl floors.
10. ACTS BEYOND THE CONTROL OF LESSOR. Acts of occurrences beyond the control of the Lessor, which makes it impossible for the Leased Premises to be utilized by the Lessee, shall make this Lease null and void. Said acts or occurrences shall include but are not limited to such things as acts of God as well as acts or occurrences caused by the negligence and/or actions of third parties. In the event all fees will be returned, and the Lessee shall not be entitled to any other damages, fees and/or causes of action at law or in equity.
11. HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION.
A. The Lessee, as additional consideration to the Lessor for the rental of the Leased Premises, assumes all risks associated with such use by the Lessee, including, but not limited to, its own agents, servants, employees, independent contractors, invitees, guests, or licensees, and releases the Lessor from all liability to the Lessee, it agents, servants, employees, independent contractors, invitees, guests, or licensees and their respective personal representatives, assigns heirs and next of kin for all loss or damage, and all claims therefore, on account of injury (including death) to the Lessee or to any member of the Lessee’s group or damage to the Lessee’s property, whether caused by negligence of the Lessor or otherwise arising from occurring during the rental of the Leased Premises.
B. Lessee further represents, covenants and warrants that it will indemnify and hold Lessor harmless from any loss, claims, actions, damages, or expenses whatsoever, including reasonable attorney fees, directly or indirectly resulting or occasioned to Lessor by the injury to or destruction of life or property resulting from the use and occupancy of the Leased Premises by Lessor, including but not limited to, its own agents, servants, employees, independent contractors, invitees, guests, or licensee or by any other person and whether or not the injury, death, or damage is occasioned by the negligence of Lessor.
12. LIABILITY INSURANCE. If requested by the Lessor, the Lessee shall obtain and furnish to Lessor a policy of Liability insurance for the event or function covered by the Lease wherein the Lessor shall he named as an additional named insured as the Lessor of the premises. The amount of limits of the liability and coverage under the policy shall be determined by the Lessor, and the Lessee shall furnish, fifteen days (15) prior to its occupancy of the Leased Premises under this Lease, to the Lessor a certificate of Insurance which show Lessor as an insured party under the insurance policy and which sets forth the limits of liability coverage.
13. HOST LIQUOR LIABILITY. The Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #63 will not provide any alcohol to the lessee or guest pursuant to Indiana Law. The lessee may bring in alcohol to the event and only distribute said alcohol pursuant to Indiana Law Indiana law requires you to have a license to “…Ship, barter, give away, exchange, furnish, or otherwise handle or dispose of an alcoholic beverage…” (except to give it to a family member or invited guest who is of legal age) This has been interpreted to mean that it is all right to serve your over-21 friends a beer or two but you can’t sell it or receive anything of value in exchange for it. If your party gets larger than “invited guests,” or if you plan to charge admission (or accept “donations”), you need to get a temporary permit. If you don’t get a permit, you could be charged with:
Serving alcohol without a permit (a class B misdemeanor), or even “Maintaining a common nuisance” (a class D FELONY).
The lessor is hearby released from any and all liability associated with the distribution of alcohol provided at the event by the lessee.
14. LESSOR’S INSURANCE WILL NOT COVER LESSEE’S OCCUPANCY OF THE LEASED PREMISES. Lessor’s insurance will not cover Lessee’s corporate and/or personal liability under its Insurance policy for any injuries (including death) to any person or damage to any property arising from the use of the Leased Premises, and it is recommended by Lessor that in event the Lessee is not required to furnish or provide insurance coverage, that Lessee still obtain a policy or policies of Insurance to cover the Lessee and members of the Lessee’s party while using the Leased Premises and related adjoining facilities.
15. INSPECTION. The Lessor shall have the right at all times to go on the Leased Premises during the term of this Lease for purpose of making inspections and to ascertain whether the Lessee is abiding by the terms and provisions of this Agreement. If the Lessor finds that the Lessee or its guests, invitees, agents, employees, licensees or independent contractors are violating any provisions of this Lease or of rules and regulations governing the use of the Leased Premises, the Lessor may immediately terminate this Lease and the lessor may pursue any other right of remedy at law or equity which it may have against Lessee for Breach of contract.
16. MISCELLANEOUS. This Agreement shall be binding upon and insure to the benefit of the respective parties hereto, their heirs, personal representatives, successors, and assigns. This written Agreement supersedes and cancels all prior negotiations and agreements whatsoever. Only the joint written undertaking of the parties hereto shall amend this Agreement.
17. OTHER PROVISIONS: ____________________________________________________________
The Lessee must follow ALL CLEAN UP instructions given to them at the time they pick up the key. If instructions are not followed this can reflect on reimbursement of the damage deposit. The Lessee understands that if the lodge is rented back to back that the Lessors cleaning crew may not have the opportunity to due a full cleaning prior to the your event. The Lessee agrees not to hold the Lessor responsible for the condition of the lodge as well as problems due to the act of god or beyond the Lessors control.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have hereunto affixed their signatures the day and year first above written.
John Hennigar F.O.P. Lodge #63 Representative;
DATE: ________________ DATE:___________________